Choosing a database directly depends on its purpose. Next, there is a comparison among the advantages and disadvantages of the available database.
- Fast for small databases;
- Simple configuration.
- The datafile grows quickly;
- Unstable when larger than 100 MB.
- Excellent performance and stability;
- Supports large databases (up to 1 TB);
- Provides a free version (SQL Express) which supports up to 10 GB of data. Can be purchased on Microsoft’s website.
- Does not have protection against shutdown failures when updating data;
- Does not perform a consistent backup with an online database, nor if updates are being performed.
- Fast for huge databases;
- Robustness, safety, reliability, streamlined organization , and large capacity of system expansion.
- Requires technical expertise for database administration;
- High license and hardware costs to run the software.
Este artigo foi útil? Was this post helpful?